Tuesday 20 October 2009

Loving Jesus or not!

My salvation has come form Jesus; He died on the cross and said that it is finished.

When I became a Christian I was clothed in the righteousness of Jesus. The Father now sees me through the lens of His Son Jesus. To God the Father I look 'Just like I have never sinned'!

This is a foundational truth of the Christian faith. It's doctrine.

I can't buy my salvation from God, I can't do anything to earn it from Him. I can't sacrifice a bull for the forgiveness of my sins. I'm saved and my sins are paid for by Jesus.

However, I am still to present myself as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God!

So what should that look like in my life?
Well, I need to live the new life that God has given me, I need to turn from the things of this world and start living according to God's will and His way.

I know this again is a foundational truth.
But I also know that knowing it isn't enough; knowing it doesn't stop me from sinning!

In those moment when I sin, I'm choosing my will over God's!
It's been said that in those moments, "I don't love Jesus enough"!

Love is the key to living out God's will.
I can't loose the salvation that I have in Jesus; even in my sin God still sees the righteous of Jesus clothing me.
But if I want to experience the fullness of this new life in Jesus then I need to 'love'!

I need to love Jesus more then the sin that is tempting me.

I will only ever go after the thing I love the most and if its sin, that's what I will go after!

So, how do I love Jesus more then sin?

That's the challenge before me now. I need to love Jesus more then anything else.

Such a challenge, I believe can only be fulfilled through an act of God in my life.

This doesn't mean that I can sit passive and wait for God to do it all.
Like all love relationships, for them to work both parties need to work at it!

No comments: